How does a company send an employment request to an existing cardholder?

This article will detail how an employer can send an employment request to an existing cardholder in the RIW System.

This instruction applies to the following RIW System user roles:

  • Employer Admin 
  • Employer Admin - No Payment
  • Employer Admin - Read Only 
  • Helpdesk 

Step 1: Login to the RIW System

Go to and login using your credentials.

Step 2: Search for New Employees

Click on the People Tab and then Search for New Employees.

Step 3: Populate search criteria

On the People screen, three pieces of information are required to proceed. Enter the existing cardholder's surname, RIW number and date of birth and click Search. The cardholder's details should then appear.  

If the cardholder does not have a current primary employer (as per the image above), then click on Employ to send an employment request to the cardholder. 

The following Create Employment pop-up will appear, where you can verify the employment start date, as well as the email address for the cardholder. Click Save when complete.

A pop up will confirm that the employment request has been emailed to the cardholder for approval. 

If the cardholder requires further instruction on how to accept an employment request in myRIW, please direct them to our article on How does a cardholder accept an employment or association request?.

NOTE: If the cardholder has a current primary employer and has not allowed their employment to be shared, an employment request will not be able to be sent. 

Primary Employers are listed in the Primary Employer column on the People Screen.

Clicking on the Employ button followed by the Save button will surface the following error:

If the cardholder would like to cease employment with their current primary employer, please refer them to our article How does a cardholder add or remove a company from their RIW profile?

If the cardholder has the Share employment box ticked on their RIW profile, employers will be able to send a secondary employment request to the cardholder.  

Step 4: Checking employment requests

RIW System Administrators can monitor pending employment requests via the Employment Approvals section on the Main Dashboard. 

Employers will be unable to view the cardholder's profile until the employment request has been accepted by the cardholder in myRIW.

RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.