Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
- About the RIW System
- Blocks & Suspensions
- Business Rules & Matrices
- Cardholder Management
- Competency Management
- ID Checks
- Job Role Management
- Logins & Passwords
- Medicals and Drug & Alcohol
- Network Management
- Premium Functionality
- Projects, Sites & Zones
- Reporting - Power BI
- RIW Cards
- Swipes & Shifts
- System Notifications
- Visitor Management
- Work Restrictions & Risk Assessments
How does a RIW System user update their email communication preferences for system notifications?
This article details how you can update your email communication preferences for receiving system notifications.
This instruction applies to the following user roles:
- Employer Admin
- Employer Admin - No Payment
- Employer Admin - Read Only
Click on My Account > Communication Preferences.
On the Communication Preferences screen, you can toggle on/off the required notifications for Worker Subscriptions, Competency Expiries, Medical Expiries and Job Role Leave Dates and Validity. Use the slider to turn on an off as per below (note: when in the green position, the notification is switched on).
Click Save when complete.
For more information refer to What RIW System notifications will an RIW System User receive?
If you only want to receive notifications for a cohort of cardholders designated by a cost code, type the cost code into the cost code field and click the Add button.
You can add multiple cost codes as required. If a cost code is no longer required, click Remove.
Remember to click Save when complete.
Communication preferences have now been saved.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
What notifications are generated by the RIW System?
There are a number of notifications generated from the RIW System that are:
- Periodic - when an item expires, such as a competency, rail health assessment or cardholder subscription.
- Triggered - when an action performed in the RIW System requires a notification, such as an ID check status updates or competency rejections.
System notification preferences can be managed by RIW System users and cardholders by following the instructions in the below articles:
- How does an RIW System User update their communication preferences for system notifications?
- How can a cardholder update their communication preferences in myRIW?
- Worker (cardholder) annual RIW subscription expires, sent at 4 weeks, 1 week and day of expiry.
- Competency expires, sent at 12 weeks, 4 weeks, 1 week and day of expiry.
- Medical expires. sent at 12 weeks, 4 weeks, 1 week and day of expiry.
- Job role leave date or invalid, sent on date the leave date was applied or became invalid.
- User creation (RIW System and myRIW)
- User password reset
- User two-factor authentication code
- Company registration/creation
- Employment requests accepted or rejected
- Association requests accepted or rejected
- ID check requests
- ID check status updates
- Competency verification rejections
- Job role sent for assessment
- Job role assessment cancelled
- Job role assessment approved or rejected
- RIW Non-Negative Breath Test - Site
- D&A Test Positive Fail for Cardholder
- Unfit Medical Result
- RIW New Company Registration
- RIW Order Confirmation
- Permission Access Agreement Rejected
- Cardholder profile deleted (employment request not accepted within 28 days)
- Cardholder request correction to profile
- Employment end notification
- Cardholder blocked
- Site placed into evacuation mode
- Report failed or errored
- Report success
- Payment confirmation
- Site evacuation
- Virtual RIW card notification
- Denied reason for site access
- Site contacts will receive system notifications as outlined in What notifications are sent to site contacts?
- Network contacts will receive notification when a cardholder is denied access to a site on their network in excess of site working hour rules.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback