TABLE OF CONTENTS
This guide provides instructions on how to connect a user to the RIW reporting service that uses Microsoft Power BI, where the user has not used this service before.
At this time, access can be requested to the “Job Role Validity Status Matrix” report.
The Microsoft Power BI reporting for RIW (“RIW Power BI”) requires a user account in RIW with Employer Admin, Employer Admin – No Payment or Employer Admin – Read-Only access. When a user logs into Power BI, the email address of the Power BI user must match the email address of the user in RIW. RIW Power BI then uses the employer from that login to ensure only information accessible via the RIW UI is visible.
Users should request access to RIW Power BI via the RIW Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting to the report
- Once a user has requested and has been granted access to RIW Power BI, they will receive an email as per the example below. Such emails will originate from “Microsoft Power BI email@example.com”:
- The user should click on the “View App >” link. NOTE: the “App” is simply a packaged version of the report.
- If the user is already signed into Power BI with the same email address for their user account in RIW, the report should be launched.
- If the user is not already signed in, the following screen will appear:
- The user has the option to sign in or create a new account via the [Buy Now] button. A 60-day trial can also be activated via the [Buy Now >] button, whilst Microsoft continues to offer this.
- Once signed in, the report “app” should appear, as per the example below. If the user has an existing Power BI license, Microsoft Power BI should recognise this and use the license for RIW Power BI.
Information in the report is refreshed once per day - the date and time of the last refresh is shown at the top of each reporting page.
Please review the “Help” tab in the report for more information on how to use it and information that is included.
Any further queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.