Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Who can suspend a National or Network job role or competency?
Network Operators reserve the right to suspend, modify, reinstate, or cancel a cardholders authorisations, including their RIW card for any of the following reasons:
- Any incident that results in the RIW demonstrating reckless act or legislative breach or
- organisational breach;
- The RIW is the subject of any action resulting from the Drug & Alcohol Testing;
- Safe working breach;
- Wherever a time-based remedial action is considered with a training/mentoring program to up-skill the RIW;
- Competence and/or performance has, or may have, the potential to impact safety or is called into question;
- The RIW is unable to meet competency requirements or re-certification is not granted;
- Advice has been received that the RIW no longer meets the requirements of the national health standards;
- RIW has contravened a Fatigue Management Program; and/or
- Other valid reason as determined by the Network Operator.
Suspensions can be administered in two ways:
- A job role suspension – this will prevent the RIW from undertaking work in the suspended job role, and
- A competence suspension – this will prevent a RIW from undertaking work in any role where the suspended competence is required.
Depending on the outcome of an incident or re-certification assessment, a Network Operator may elect to suspend the RIW from their duties or downgrade their role or competency. Role and competence suspensions provide a Network Operator with an ability to prevent a RIW from working on their Network whilst still allowing the RIW to working on another Network Operators rail network.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback