Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
What is an Access Controller?
An Access Controller is a Rail Industry Worker who has been nominated by their organisation to scan a Rail Industry Worker Card (physical or virtual) to:
- Check in and verify a Rail Industry Worker to ensure they have the appropriate, current and valid competencies to undertake work before entering a site.
- View work restrictions, blocks or suspensions associated with a Rail Industry Worker and deny access to site.
- View job roles associated with a Rail Industry Worker.
- Award site-based competencies and view pending competencies.
- Change site locations for teams or individual Rail Industry Workers.
- View shift history of a Rail Industry Worker to support fitness for duty and site working hour rules.
An Access Controller could be a Track Force Protection Coordinator, Protection Officer, Site Supervisor, or other supervisory role.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback