Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Kiosks & Tablets
How to clean your RIW Kiosk or Tablet touchscreen
This article details how to clean and disinfect RIW Kiosk or Tablet device touchscreen.
Cleaning and disinfecting your RIW Kiosk or Tablet touchscreen
- Do not get any liquids inside the screen.
- Do not spray the touchscreen directly. Instead, use a wet wipe or lightly spray a clean microfibre cloth.
- Select the recommended cleaning wipes or microfibre cloths to avoid scratching the touchscreens. Please refer to the recommended cleaning products listed below.
- Do not use highly concentrated alcohol, non-diluted bleach, or ammonia solutions, as these may cause discolouration.
- Wipe the surfaces with a microfibre cloth and allow the screen to dry. We recommend using two microfibre cloths, one for cleaning and one for drying.
Recommended cleaning products
- AutoSan 75% Alcohol Surface Spray (available as a spray or wipes)
- Equivalent 75% alcohol spray or wipes (no mixtures with below ingredients)
Do NOT use the following materials when cleaning/disinfecting your touchscreen
- Isopropyl, Methyl or Ethyl alcohols at concentration
- Thinner or benzine
- Strong alkaline
- Strong solvents
- Detergents with fluoride, ammonia or abrasives
- Glass cleaner
- Abrasive cleaners
- Steel wool or sponges with abrasives
- Steel blades
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.