Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
RIW App for Spot Checkers
Note: an individual must be authorised as an Access Controller to use the RIW App, which is granted by their Primary Employer (refer to the RIW Knowledge Centre article How does a company assign an Access Controller or Spot Checker? for more information).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Download the RIW App
- Spot Checker Authentication
- Perform a Spot Check
- Forgotten Card Function
- How to change location
- Cardholder blocks
- More Options
Download the RIW App
- If using an iPhone, download the RIW App from the Apple iTunes Store here.
- If using an Android phone, download the RIW App from the Google Play Store here.
Spot Checker Authentication
When the RIW App is opened for the first time, the Spot Checker must scan their own card to start using the RIW App.
If a virtual RIW card is loaded on the Spot Checkers device, then tap on Use Vircarda. If a virtual RIW card is successfully loaded on the device, the Spot Checker will automatically be taken to the Authenticate App screen (refer below).
If no virtual RIW card is available, then tap Scan your Card. By default the RIW App will open the camera to read the QR Code. If so, present the card and the QR code will be read automatically. Alternatively, tap Contactless and hold the RIW card to the back of the device (if NFC is enabled) to scan the card.
To ensure access to cardholder data is secured, a Spot Checker will then need to request an authentication code via email or SMS the first time they log into the RIW App. The Spot Checker can select which method they prefer to receive the notification; Email or SMS by switching the toggle and tapping Send. An authentication code will be automatically sent to the contact details registered on the Spot Checkers myRIW account. If the Spot Checker needs to update their contact details prior to authentication, please click on Update Details or refer to the RIW Knowledge Centre article How can a cardholder update their contact details in myRIW?
The authentication code will be sent to the Spot Checker using their preferred method. Enter the six-digit code into the Enter Code field and tap OK.
After the code has been entered, the Spot Checker can select the Network they are working on from the drop down menu.
Then select the relevant Project, Site and/or Zone (as advised by your Employer, Contractor in Charge or Network).
Once the requirements have been set, tap Proceed.
Note: When a job role is chosen, the selected job role is recorded against the swipe information for the cardholder in the RIW System, which can be reported on by RIW System Users as required.
Select the new Project, Site and/or Zone from the drop down menu, and then Proceed to continue.
By tapping on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the RIW App, additional options will be presented.
- Show card - displays the Spot Checkers RIW card.
- Swipe history - displays the swipe history of every swipe that has been completed as an Spot Checker, including their own swipe history. If the Spot Checker taps on the Delete Swipes option from this screen, it will delete the swipe history from their device only. Swipe history is always maintained in the RIW System.
- Competency requirements - displays the competency requirements for the Network, Project or Site location that was selected when the Spot Checker logged into the RIW App.
- About the app - provides the version number of the RIW App.
- Log out - swipes out the Spot Checker out of the site, and logs them entirely out of the RIW App.
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback