Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Kiosk Printer Troubleshooting Guide
Please use this troubleshooting guide if you are experiencing issues with a Standing Kiosk printer.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Standing Kiosk Printer Images
- Printer User Manuals
- Common issues
- Still not working?
- Citizen Printer Consumables
Kiosks are installed with a Citizen CL-S400DT Thermal Label and Barcode Printer with an accompanying Auto Cutter.
Standing Kiosk Printer Images
|Printer Front View|
|Printer Back View|
|Printer Top View|
Printer User Manuals
Printer user manuals can be found at the end of this article.
- Refer pages 51-53 of the Citizen CL-S400DT Thermal Label and Barcode Printer User Manual for troubleshooting tips.
- Refer page 15 of the Citizen CL-S400DT Auto Cutter User Manual for troubleshooting tips.
- Press grey button to open lid.
- Check roller to see if sticky, and if so, clean.
- Ensure paper is aligned correctly by using the black paper guides to move the roll from left to right.
Printer light flashing red?
- When an abnormal condition is detected with the printer, an alarm sounds and the POWER LED lights up (red) to indicate the type of error. The LCD screen will indicate the error message.
- Please refer to page 20 of the Citizen CL-S400DT Thermal Label and Barcode Printer User Manual to identify the error and the appropriate resolution.
Printer cables connected?
- Ensure power cable at the rear of the printer is firmly in place.
- Ensure power cable is firmly connected into the power board.
- Ensure USB cable at rear of the printer is firmly in place.
- Ensure USB cable is connected firmly into the PC.
Printer out of paper?
- Check paper roll. Is it out of paper? If so, press grey button to open lid and change the roll.
- Ensure the roll is lined up correctly by using the black paper guides to move the roll from left to right. Refer to the Citizen CL-S400DT Thermal Label and Barcode Printer User Manual for further instructions.
Still not working?
- Restart the kiosk by powering the PC off by pressing the blue power button located at the front of the PC. Wait 30 seconds and power PC back on. Check printer to see if this resolves the issue.
Citizen Printer Consumables
Citizen printer labels/stickers can be purchased from a number of suppliers.
The label required is a 102mm x 48mm, 1 across (1000/roll) White Direct Thermal Perforated Label with permanent adhesive and 25mm core. The code for the product is LAB10248X1DTWS25P.
A number of suppliers offer this label as follows:
- POS Central (https://www.poscentral.com.au/)
- Aussie POS (https://www.aussiepos.com.au/)
- Rubi POS (https://www.rubipos.com.au/)
- PrimoPOS (https://www.primopos.com.au/)
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback