Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
What identification documents does a cardholder require to complete an ID check?
To complete an identification check successfully for a Rail Industry Worker card, a person must provide one primary document OR one secondary document and one tertiary document (must include a photo).
If a cardholder provides an identity document using a former name, the cardholder must also provide evidence of the name change.
Examples of acceptable documents
- Australian Passport - An Australian Passport that is current or expired up to 3 years. Must not be cancelled.
- Australian Driver's Licence - A current Driver's Licence that has been issued by an Australian State or Territory.
- Foreign Passport with Australian Visa - A Foreign Passport that has not expired with an Australian Visa that has not been cancelled, expired or was never issued (i.e. never arrived in Australia). In order for your visa to be verified, you must be onshore in Australia.
- Centrelink Card - A Centrelink Card issued by the Commonwealth, State or Territory government. Must not be expired or cancelled.
- Medicare Card - A Medicare Card. Must not be expired or cancelled.
- Australian Proof Of Age Card - A Proof of Age Card that has been issued by an Australian State or Territory.
- Firearm's Licence - A Firearm Licence issued under Australian Law.
- Security Licence - A Security Licence issued under Australian Law.
- Boat Operator Licence - A Boat Operator Licence issued under Australian Law.
- Student Identification Card - A Student Identification Card issued by a tertiary education institution.
Change of Name Document
- Australian Change Of Name Certificate - A Change of Name Certificate issued by the Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Australian Marriage Certificate - A Marriage Certificate issued by an Australian State or Territory. Church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted.
- Deed Poll - A Deed Poll issued by an Australian State or Territory.
- Foreign Change of Name Certificate - A Change of Name Certificate issued in a foreign country.
- Foreign Marriage Certificate - A Marriage Certificate issued in a foreign country.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback