Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
How does the Web Card Reader display cardholders whose access is denied?
Under certain situations the RIW System will automatically deny access to a cardholder. These are:
- Cardholder is blocked;
- Cardholder has no current employer;
- Cardholder’s card has been cancelled;
- Cardholder does not hold a competency or job role that is required to access the chosen project, site or zone.
This article details how this will be displayed on a cardholders profile through the Web Card Reader.
This instruction applies to the following RIW System User Roles:
- Spot Checker
Step 1: Log in to the RIW System
Go to https://app.riw.net.au click on the Web Card Reader link, or alternatively, go direct to the Web Card Reader at https://cardchecker.riw.net.au/login.
Step 2: Accessing Web Card Reader
Follow the instructions for initialising the Web Card Reader in the RIW Knowledge Centre Article How to use the Web Card Reader, as these steps can be quite detailed for first time use.
Step 3: Swipes tab
To view a cardholders details, select the Swipes tab from the top menu.
Step 4: Swipe in options
Click the Swipe In button to present a set of card read options: Click on the option for the swipe on.
- QR Code (Camera) - scan the QR code on a cardholder’s physical/virtual card or a visitor pass using a web cam or the mobile device’s camera;
- QR Code (Scanner) - scan the QR code on a cardholder’s physical/virtual card or visitor pass using a QR code gun. This option is not available on mobile devices;
- Forgotten Card - search for a cardholder’s card using key information.
Step 5: Message - Access Denied
When the cardholder's access is denied, the only option available for selection will be to click OK (as shown below), which will record an Access Denied - System swipe on the RIW System.
The system will record the denied access swipe along with the reason for the denied access.
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback