Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Kiosks & Tablets
What type of maintenance is recommended for an RIW System enabled Kiosk or Tablet?
This article details the recommended maintenance and cleaning of an RIW System enabled Kiosk or Tablet solution.
- To maintain an effective working kiosk it is important to keep the touch screen surface and area surrounding the screen clean and free of excessive dust and other objects. To do this we recommend the use of an anti-static, lint-free cloth or micro-fibre cloth. When cleaning your touch screen, treat it with care and do not use aggressive cleaning products on the screen surface and use only a dry, clean cloth.
- Wipe off any visible marks/dust or build-up off the powder-coated steel body.
- Vacuum any dust and debris from inside main area of the kiosk housing, scanner module and PC shelf.
- Visual check of components for any defects etc.
- Review performance of all components.
- Check components: scanner, touch screen LCD, label printer etc. are functioning correctly.
- 3 years - Check/replace components where required.
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.