How do I get a Rail Industry Worker card?

RIW cards can only be requested by an approved company registered in the RIW System. 

If your current employer is not registered with the RIW System (or if you operate as a sole trader), you can register to become an approved company by following the directions in our article How do I register a company in the RIW System?

Once a new cardholder is created in the RIW System by a company, the cardholder will be emailed a link to set up their myRIW account so they can approve the employment request. They will also need to complete an ID check

Once the ID check is approved (and the cardholder's subscription is paid by the employer), the company can then request the issue of an RIW card. The employer will also be able to manage the cardholder's profile by uploading competencies, job roles, and/or medicals.

For more information about how to operate in the RIW System as a sole trader, please refer to our article How can I become a sole trader in the RIW system?.

NOTE: At present, workers are unable to apply for a Rail Industry Worker card without doing so through a company registered in the RIW System.

RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.