Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
What notifications are generated by the RIW System?
There are a number of notifications generated from the RIW System that are:
- Periodic - when an item expires, such as a competency, rail health assessment or cardholder subscription.
- Triggered - when an action performed in the RIW System requires a notification, such as an ID check status updates or competency rejections.
System notification preferences can be managed by RIW System users and cardholders by following the instructions in the below articles:
- How does an RIW System User update their communication preferences for system notifications?
- How can a cardholder update their communication preferences in myRIW?
- Worker (cardholder) annual RIW subscription expires, sent at 4 weeks, 1 week and day of expiry.
- Competency expires, sent at 12 weeks, 4 weeks, 1 week and day of expiry.
- Medical expires. sent at 12 weeks, 4 weeks, 1 week and day of expiry.
- Job role leave date or invalid, sent on date the leave date was applied or became invalid.
- User creation (RIW System and myRIW)
- User password reset
- User two-factor authentication code
- Company registration/creation
- Employment requests accepted or rejected
- Association requests accepted or rejected
- ID check requests
- ID check status updates
- Competency verification rejections
- Job role sent for assessment
- Job role assessment cancelled
- Job role assessment approved or rejected
- RIW Non-Negative Breath Test - Site
- D&A Test Positive Fail for Cardholder
- Unfit Medical Result
- RIW New Company Registration
- RIW Order Confirmation
- Permission Access Agreement Rejected
- Cardholder profile deleted (employment request not accepted within 28 days)
- Cardholder request correction to profile
- Employment end notification
- Cardholder blocked
- Site placed into evacuation mode
- Report failed or errored
- Report success
- Payment confirmation
- Site evacuation
- Virtual RIW card notification
- Denied reason for site access
- Site contacts will receive system notifications as outlined in What notifications are sent to site contacts?
- Network contacts will receive notification when a cardholder is denied access to a site on their network in excess of site working hour rules.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback