Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Kiosks & Tablets
Kiosk Touchscreen Troubleshooting Guide
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Please use this troubleshooting guide if you are experiencing issues with a Kiosk touchscreen. If the issue is unable to be resolved by following the steps below, please submit a Service Request for Kiosk Maintenance.
Images of the touchscreen
Controls - power on/off, menu etc.
Red - VGA cable IN
Purple - Power IN
Green - USB IN
The highlighted end connects to the power adaptor
The red end connects to the power cable.
The green end connects to the power IN under the screen.
Connects from touchscreen to PC
If the touchscreen is not functioning optimally, please check the following:
- Is the touch screen dirty/greasy and require cleaning?
- Is the USB firmly connected underneath the screen?
- Is the DVI cable firmly connected underneath the screen?
- Is the power cable firmly connected underneath the screen?
- Is the power converter firmly connected to the power cable?
- Is the HDMI cable firmly connected to the PC?
- Is the USB cable firmly connected to the PC?
- Is the power cable firmly connected to the power board?
Still not working?
- Restart the kiosk by powering the PC off by pressing the blue power button located at the front of the PC. Wait 30 seconds and power PC back on. Check touchscreen to see if this resolves the issue.
- If the touchscreen is still not functioning after attempting the troubleshooting tips above, please raise a RIW Hardware Technical Support Request at https://www.riw.net.au/contact-us/request-a-service?hardwaretechnicalsupport.
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.