Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Why do I need a Rail Industry Worker card?
The Rail Network Operators participating in the RIW Program require all workers to maintain an RIW card to demonstrate competency to safely undertake rail work on their networks.
The below operators are member of the RIW program:
- Adelaide Metro Passenger Rail Network - Keolis Downer Adelaide (AMPRN)
- Adelaide Tram Network - Torrens Connect
- Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC)
- Carmichael Rail Network (CR)
- Country Regional Network (CRN) - UGL Regional Linx
- Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM)
- Metro Trains Sydney (MTS)
- Public Transport Authority Western Australia (PTA WA)
- Queensland Rail (QR)
- Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW)
All work carried out on the above rail networks is managed through the RIW cards and system.
Where the rail environment interfaces with civil construction, you can also confirm competency and site access requirements with the relevant Network Operator or Contractor-In-Charge.
You can also find a list of project sites which mandate RIW cards for workers here.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback