Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Why do I need a Rail Industry Worker card?
All RIW Program participating Rail Network Operators require workers to maintain an RIW card to demonstrate competency to undertake rail safety work on their networks. The below operators are member of the RIW program:
- Adelaide Metro Passenger Rail Network - Keolis Downer Adelaide
- Adelaide Tram Network - Torrens Connect
- Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC)
- Country Regional Network (CRN)
- Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM)
- Public Transport Authority Western Australia (PTA WA)
- Queensland Rail (QR)
- Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW)
All work carried out on the above rail networks will be managed through the RIW cards and system.
Where the rail environment interfaces with civil construction, you can confirm competency and site access requirements with the relevant Network Operator or Contractor-In-Charge. You can also find a list of project sites which mandate RIW cards for workers here.
RIW Knowledge Centre Article Link:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback