How do I get a Rail Industry Worker card?

RIW cards must be ordered by an employer registered in the RIW System, whether that is a company a worker is employed by, or by a worker if they operate as a sole trader registered in the RIW System. 

If a worker is new to rail, then their employer will set them up in the RIW System. They will be emailed a link to set up their myRIW account to approve an employment request. The worker will also need to complete an ID check. Once the ID check is approved (and the cardholder subscription is paid by the employer), an employer can then request an RIW card.

For more information about how to operate in the RIW System as a sole trader, please refer to our article How can I become a sole trader in the RIW system?.

NOTE: At present, workers are unable to apply for a Rail Industry Worker card without doing so through an employer (company or sole trader) registered in the RIW System.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.