Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
Kiosk Troubleshooting Guide
Please use this troubleshooting guide if you are experiencing issues with a Kiosk. If the issue is unable to be resolved by following the steps below, please submit a Service Request for Kiosk Maintenance.
Kiosk not responding?
- Restart kiosk – Power PC off by pressing the blue power button located at the front of the PC. Wait 30 seconds and power PC back on.
- No network? Restart all sources of network hardware (router/modem etc.) and check if power is running on devices.
- Ensure all cables to the PC and power board are firmly in place. These could have dislodged due to transit or vibrations on site.
- Check power to the outlet (powerpoint) or before the outlet is cut (due to outage, power surge etc.)
- Is the kiosk connected to the Wi-Fi network? The Wi-Fi symbol in the top right corner of the screen will determine network connectivity.
- Is the network cable connected to the PC?
- Is the router functioning?
- What lights are flashing?
- What colour (green is active and red is inactive)
- Is the network down?
- Has power been cut tot he network / modem / router? (ie. lights are off)
PC not functioning?
- What colour are the LED lights on the PC?
- Blue - All is okay
- Orange flashing - motherboard is faulty
- Red - onboard power is dead
NOTE: If the lights are showing orange or red, then a replacement PC may be required.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback