Below you will find a range of training, instructional and support information for using the RIW System. You can browse the various categories, or type keywords into the search box. If you are new to RIW, please view the Getting Started category.
Knowledge Centre Search
What information can I see on a rail industry worker's profile?
This article provides an overview of the type of information that can be viewed on a RIW cardholder profile.
NOTE: Some of the information detailed below may not be visible by some RIW System Users. Information is provided on a needs to know basis following the RIW System Hierarchy and RIW Permission Matrix.
This instruction applies to the following user roles:
- Advanced Project Admin
- Client Manager
- Employer Admin
- Employer Admin - No Payment
- Employer Admin - Read Only
- Network Manager
- Network Manager - Read Only
- Project Admin
- Site Admin
- Training Provider User
- Medical Provider User
Rail Industry Worker Profile
Summary of information available (left-hand side menu)
- Core Details include the identifying information about a cardholder, that is name and date of birth. This information, once initially entered when creating the new cardholder, can only be updated by the RIW Service Desk. Please refer to How does a company change the name and core details of a cardholder in the RIW System?
- Job Roles is where job roles can be viewed and assigned or sent for assessment. Please refer to How does a company add a new job role to a cardholders profile?
- Employer Job Roles is where employer job roles can be viewed and assigned or sent for assessment. Please refer to What is an employer job role? and How does a Premium Functionality Employer add or edit an employer job role?
- National, Employer, Network-Based, Project-Based, Site-Based and Zone-Based Competencies is where competencies can be viewed and assigned. Please refer to What is a competency? for an overview of the different types of competencies, and then How does a company add a new competency to a cardholders profile?
- Contact Details is the cardholders personal contact details, such as address, email and phone numbers. Please refer to How can a company update a cardholders details?
- Other Details includes further identifying details which could be included on a cardholders profile, such as USI (unique student identifier), employee numbers, cost centres etc. Please refer to How can a company update a cardholders "other" details?
- Emergency Contact provides the emergency contact details for a cardholder.
- Status Options allows an employer to provide Access Control / Spot Checker / Self Swipe capabilities to a cardholder, to share employment or to mark the cardholder as new to industry. Please refer to How does a company update cardholder status options? Also, employers can update the communication preferences for cardholders.
- Swipes provides the swipe history, that is where a cardholder has been swiped on or off a site.
- Shifts provides the shift history for the cardholder.
- Work Restrictions and Risk Assessments details any work restrictions or risk assessments placed on a cardholder by an Employer or an Authorised Health Professional. Please refer to the Video - Work restrictions and risk assessments for Employers.
- Briefings will display any site briefings delivered to the cardholder through an RIW System enabled Kiosk.
- Employment History displays the employment history for the cardholder. This tab can be used when ending employment with a cardholder. Please refer to How does a company end employment with a cardholder?
- Association History displays the association relationships held by the cardholder. Associations can also be ended through this tab. Please refer to How does a company end an association relationship with a cardholder?
- Subscription displays the status of the cardholder subscription status, and companies may also renew subscriptions through this menu. Please refer to How does a company monitor and pay annual cardholder subscriptions?
- Medicals displays the rail health assessment medical results recorded on a cardholders profile. Most system users can only view the result summary and expiry date. Please refer to Why do Rail Industry Workers need to be medically assessed? and What are the medical categories and expiry calculations used in the RIW System? for a general overview regarding medicals, and then How does a company upload a medical assessment to a cardholders profile?
- Additional Medical Information displays a variety of medical information that is not a rail health assessment (medical) or a drug & alcohol assessment, such as immunisations, colour blindness tests or lead and silica monitoring. Please refer to How does a company upload additional medical information?
- D&A Screenings displays any drug and alcohol screenings added to the RIW System through an Authorised Health Professional.
- Breathalyser displays breathalyser records undertaken by a cardholder on an RIW System enabled breathalyser unit.
- Allocated Items is a facility provided to Premium Functionality Employers to assign items (such as PPE or electronics) to RIW cardholders. Any allocated items issued to a cardholder will be displayed here.
- Cards provides details of any physical or virtual RIW cards issued to a cardholder. This menu is also where a new RIW card can be ordered if lost, or where a virtual RIW card can be reissued. Please refer to How does a company order or reorder a physical or virtual RIW card?
- Other Cards lists the details of other cards a cardholder may hold in other schemes, that need to be recorded in the RIW System.
- Blocks provides a summary view of the cardholders current and historic blocks. Please refer to What is a National or Network block?
- ID Check provides a summary of the ID check process, and the progress of any pending ID check requests. If an ID check is required to be resubmitted, it is done through this menu. Please refer to How does a company manage a rejected ID check or resubmit an ID check?
- Crews is a function used by Premium Functionality Employers, which are groupings of RIW cardholders in either a company or project crew.
- Messages provides a summary of all RIW system generated messages and company messages sent to a cardholder via their Vircarda App.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.